Less than a year ago, we added the CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener as well as a few other innovative solutions to our accessibility product family. The response we’ve received has been overwhelmingly positive with customers enjoying the lightweight design, low cost, customization and extremely easy installation. If you are considering purchasing the CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener here is what you need to know:
Before starting installation, be sure to check the door that you are installing your power door opener to for proper clearance and function. Some areas to check include:
- Door should be in good condition which plumb, square and not warped.
- Door should NOT stick to the door jamb.
- Door should have standard butt hinges. Doors with springs or flimsy hinges will NOT operate correctly.
- At least three inches of clearance is needed above the top of the door.
- At least three and a half inches of clearance is needed past the door hinge to allow space for the door to open to 90 degrees with motor attached to top of door.
- Door should be within nine feet of a power outlet if using the factory power cord or within 12 feet of the door if using the optional electric strike low voltage wire
With the EZ-ACCESS CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener, you will receive the following:
- 1 motor unit
- 1 doughnut magnet
- 6 wood screws
- 4 binding bolts
- 1 blank latch plate
- 1 door stop (If you have a heavy door, you may want to consider purchasing a heavy duty door stop.)
You will also have the option to purchase these items:
- An electric strike and face plate
- Wall mounted push pad
- Wireless keyless entry system
- Garage door-style transmitter
- Pendant-style transmitter
Power Door Installation
To install the EZ-ACCESS CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener, you’ll be installing each component in this order:
- Install Door Stop
- Mount Motor Unit and Lever Arm
- Optional – Install Electric Strike
- Program Receiver
- Adjust Settings
Since the power door opener installation instructions differ slightly depending on the model of CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener you are purchasing, visit the following pages for specific installation instructions:
CONCIERGE 23DL (LEFT SWING DOOR MOUNT)
CONCIERGE 23DR (RIGHT SWING DOOR MOUNT)
CONCIERGE 23JL (LEFT SWING JAMB MOUNT)
CONCIERGE 23JR (RIGHT SWING JAMB MOUNT)
If you’d like to learn more about the CONCIERGE 2300 Residential Power Door Opener, give us a call – we love chatting about this cost-effective, lightweight door opener solution for homeowners!
If you live with assisted mobility equipment, you’re a pro at making adjustments. Tweaking and fine-tuning processes to help you lead life as usual becomes second nature, and your ability to solve problems creatively to navigate daily problems is unparalleled. You’ve learned what tools are necessary in helping you get around – grab bars, motorized scooters, walkers, etc. – and what tools err on the side of “luxury”.
Which category does “automatic door opener” fall under for you? Many may brush it off as a luxury – convenient, but not essential to daily life. However, if may be an essential tool if you’re faced with these four problems:
- Remodeling exceeds cost: A door installed at the end of a narrow hallway or at the intersection of two walls may create tricky situation for assistive equipment users. Without room to squeeze to the side or back up to let the door swing open, a remodel to reinstall the doorway to a more convenient location may be necessary. However, a remodel may also be costly. If the price tag for remodeling blows past the cost of an automatic door opener, opt for the latter.
- Run the risk of falling: It takes some maneuvering to make room for both a door and assisted mobility equipment. Shuffling around for someone already unsteady on their feet may create a serious tripping hazard, and the concern is amplified for doors located next to the top of stairs. Rather than tempting fate, a power door opener may be necessary to maintain safety and independence in your home.
- Want to exert same effort as others: With assisted mobility equipment, you’ve gotten good at life hacks to make daily tasks a little easier. But even after jerry-rigging a rope to the door handle or perfecting the art of the grab-and-glide to get out of the way before the door hits you, it may be too timely or cumbersome to make adjustments just to live life as usual. If you need a boost maintaining normalcy, a power door opener may be the answer.
- Can’t open it any other way: Maybe the reach between your chair and your door is too great. Maybe the door is too heavy to open from a seated position. Maybe the handle makes it difficult to grip and pull while shuffling your equipment out of the way. There are a number of reasons why opening a door with assisted mobility equipment may be too cumbersome to do on your own – and that’s okay. We can help with that.
Do any of these apply to you?
If you answered “yes,” the CONCIERGE™ 2300 Residential Power Door Opener from EZ-ACCESS may be right for you. Cost-effective, easy to install, and easy to operate, it’s the best answer to home mobility care. For help deciding if an automatic door opener is the best fit for you, gives us a call at 800-451-1903.