Ghosts, goblins and witches galore! Halloween is near and if you’re like most people you’re waiting until the last minute to come up with what you or your child is going to be this year. Stop your procrastinating because we’ve come up with some Halloween costume ideas that are sure to be winners in the costume contest and help your kids collect the most candy!
- Oscar the Grouch – Dress up as Oscar by using green fur and making your wheelchair or powerchair look like a trashcan. All you need to do is perfect your best Oscar the Grouch voice and you are dressed for the part!
- Kayak – With a little bit of elbow grease, you can turn a wheelchair into a kayak. All you need to do is cut the shape of a kayak out using cardboard. Decorate it how you want and get a couple of paddles to attach to the kayak. Grab your kayak clothes and hit the sidewalk to collect all the candy you can.
- A Car – Customize your set of wheels! If you or your kiddo are a fan of cars, racecars, tractors, – anything with a set of wheels – make it into an awesome costume for Halloween. Much like the kayak, you’ll need a little ingenuity and creativity when it comes to making these costumes.
- A Drum Set – Become the drummer for your favorite band by covering a hula hoop in paper, which will be your bass drum! Next, attach two large cylinders at the side of the bass drum to create your snare drums. Grab your drumsticks, put on your best rock star outfit and rock that costume down the sidewalk.
- A News Anchor or Late Night TV Show Host – Channel your inner Jimmy Kimmel or David Muir, by giving your chair a news desk and making yourself into a news anchor or TV show host. Put on a suit, have your note cards ready and deliver the news or jokes all night long!
We hope you found some inspiration for you or your kiddo’s next Halloween costume. If you dress up this Halloween, share your photos with us on our Facebook page. We’d love to see you all decked out!