Years ago, the industry standard to install a home modular ramp was to use wood. Wooden ramps, at the time, could be designed to the user’s exact specifications and you could choose what type of wood would be used to match the landscape of your home. Today, EZ-ACCESS® has a simpler solution, which is the Pathway® Modular Ramp System that can be easily customizable for your mobility needs. Today, we’ll explain why an aluminum ramp might be a better solution for your home when compared to a wooden ramp.
There are many downsides to building a wooden ramp on the exterior of your home. Downsides to installing a wooden ramp are:
- You have to be or hire a contractor; along with getting a building permit and getting utilities marked off
- Purchase quality lumber that doesn’t warp over time or deteriorate after continued use
- Use tools such as saws, hammers, screwdrivers and hardware such as nails, screws and bolts
- Usually takes two to three days to build, based on how large of a ramp system you get
- Regardless if you use treated lumber, regular maintenance is still required
- The wooden ramp may have to be replaced every three to five years due to deterioration or poor maintenance
- Wooden ramps cannot be easily reconfigured, removed or expanded
Wooden ramps are a thing of the past and that’s where EZ-ACCESS® comes in to help with installing a Pathway® Modular Ramp System made from lightweight, but durable aluminum which is easy to maintain.
Aluminum ramps, like the Pathway® Modular Ramp System has many benefits, such as:
- Easy to maneuver
- No bumps, smooth transition in between different ramp additions
- Low maintenance
- Can easily reconfigure, remove or relocate
- No permits required
- Reduces your carbon footprint
- Easy to install
Compare the two lists above, which do you feel is a better solution for your home, and most of all, your needs? EZ-ACCESS® manufactures mobility ramps for residential use and the Pathway® Modular Ramp System was designed to meet all ADA specifications. Please contact us if you have any questions about the Pathway® Modular Ramp System.