As the temperatures start to warm up across the country and snow melts away, we’re seeing what winter has done to our aluminum mobility ramps. As with all other spring cleaning chores, the time has come to thoroughly clean your aluminum mobility ramp and get it ready for heavy springtime traffic.
Here are some important steps in cleaning your aluminum mobility ramp:
- Use a broom to brush off any loose debris that may be left on your aluminum mobility ramp.
- Use the garden hose to rinse off the entire aluminum mobility ramp and prepare for cleaning. If you come across any areas with mud or clay, soak these areas and let set to allow the mud to loosen.
- Take a damp towel and dab at any stains left on the ramp from dirty snow or your Calcium Chloride salt substitute you used to prevent ice accumulation during the winter. If you did use Calcium Chloride salt substitute on your ramp, use an all-purpose cleaner to remove any Calcium Chloride residue. *To keep the aluminum mobility ramp looking new, avoid using harsh cleaners on the aluminum surface.
- Wipe these damp areas with your towel and continue until your entire aluminum mobility ramp is clean.
- Then take a dry towel and wipe up the entire aluminum mobility ramp until the ramp is dry.
After you’ve cleaned your entire aluminum mobility ramp, it is always a good idea to check and tighten any lose fasteners to ensure the safety of your ramp.
We hope this has helped you properly clean your aluminum mobility ramp and get it ready for spring outings. Learn more about proper care of your aluminum mobility ramp by reading the manual or by contacting EZ-ACCESS!