At EZ-ACCESS®, we care about moving you forward without having any obstacles ahead of you, especially while using a Passport™ Vertical Platform Lift, Pathway® Modular Ramp System or a Titan Modular Access System for your business.
Continuing with how to properly maintain and clean your EZ-ACCESS® aluminum ramp during the winter months, we’d like to help our local businesses understand how they can provide “EZ” access for customers to get into their businesses safely.
Some great tips to use from our first blog that you could also use for your business would be to use cat litter instead of ice melt to reduce the amount of extra ice melt that gets into your store and reduce the amount of residue left on the Titan Modular Access System. Also, invest in a hard bristled broom to push the snow off of your Titan Modular Access System instead of scratching or damaging it with a metal or metal-tipped plastic shovel.
Other things to consider that are easy fixes to fighting the winter storms and ice build up around your business would be:
- Post temporary signs where it may be slippery to alert incoming customers to your business.
- Post if your business will be open or open late due to weather conditions so you can clear the snow to get into your business.
- Place cat litter or ice melt bins directly outside your business to use for the parking lot or for the Titan Modular Access System.
- Provide additional mats for your customers to remove any snow or ice melt crystals before entering your business as well as making sure your floor inside is dry to reduce chances of a fall or injury.
- Most importantly, for your own safety, wear slip resistant footwear, like cleats, to reduce personal injury, and your business being closed.
Hopefully these tips will help in the coming winter and snow months. Please let EZ-ACCESS® know how we can help with all your questions regarding the Titan Modular Access System today!