Windows rolled down, sweaters packed in storage, and house scrubbed within an inch of its life. It’s most certainly springtime – but nobody had to tell you twice! EZ-ACCESS encourages you to pay your wheelchair ramp the same springy TLC to rid it of winter grime and prepare it for the warmer months ahead:
- Spray it down: Though it’s a relief to wave goodbye to winter, the snowy season leaves behind dirt, sand, and salt build-up from longs months of de-icing your ramp. Kick start the cleaning process by running a hose over the surface to remove as much surface-level gunk as possible. Let it air dry completely before moving on to prevent slips.
- Take a broom to it: Hopping in with brooms or scrubbers before a thorough rinse only pushes grit and grime around further, scratching the surface and spreading the mess. On a thoroughly rinsed and dried surface, sweep away fine residue to reveal a smoother, cleaner ramp.
- Run a check-up: A clean surface allows you to inspect your ramp for problems areas that formed over the winter. Keep your eyes peeled for scratches and rust formation on metal ramps and signs of warping or rot on wooden options.
- Make improvements: A taller handrail, longer landing pad, or added traction strips can make your wheelchair ramp a customized fit for your house and your lifestyle. Enjoy the fresh air as you tweak and tune your ramp for the summer months and beyond!
Been thinking about upgrading your ramp? Springtime is the time for that. Take a peek at our online catalog and let us know what improvements we can help you make!
Long walks through the park or pick-up games of basketball? Washing the cars or tending to the garden? No matter your preference, time spent exercising outdoors is never wasted. Outdoor fitness impacts your body, mind, and spirit, and our team at EZ-ACCESS wants you to head outside to seize these benefits:
- Clean air, rejuvenating scenery, and plenty of sunshine inspires more activity than a 4-walled gym. With more space and energy to romp around, outdoor workouts are typically performed with more vigor than indoor exercise, helping to burn calories, curb weight gain, and keep heart and circulatory systems strong.
- Vitamin D, which is naturally produced in your skin in response to sunlight, boasts a wealth of benefits. From fighting disease to strengthening bones, spending time exercising under the sun instead of fluorescent lights makes this vitamin thrive. Bonus: it’s been proven to supplement weight loss, boosting the benefit of your outdoor exercise even farther.
- Your brain craves stimulation, and physical environment matters. That’s why a 20-minute walk outside has been proven to channel focus and promote increased concentration as it gives your mind time to unwind from pressing matters and redirect to soak up new sensations.
- Research is starting to name exercise as one of the best ways to prevent Alzheimer’s and other memory-related diseases. Walks around the neighborhood, gardening, and bike rides combine the benefits of heart-pumping exercise with the environmental stimulus that keeps your brain sharp.
- Ditch the treadmill and head for the hills. Research indicates exercises performed outdoors reduce tension, confusion, anger, and depression more effectively than any indoor counterparts.
- Mood-booster serotonin is affected by oxygen intake. The more you inhale, the more your body is able to produce, helping to increase your happiness and sense of well-being. Deep lungfuls of fresh air enable you to relax and refresh as they trigger production and release of natural uppers.
No matter your level of mobility, the great outdoors is waiting for you. Take a look at our line of SUITCASE easy transport ramps so you can pack up and go wherever and whenever you want!